Domestic and International Health Certificates

Traveling with your pet can be a lot of fun and is often less stressful for them than being left at home in a vastly different routine, and perhaps only “looked in on” a couple of times a day. Many of our clients do travel with their cats and dogs and we create over a thousand pet health certificates each year.

Traveling in the United States is usually a simple procedure requiring a recent health certificate and a statement of vaccination, especially rabies vaccination. Check with your airline for any special requirements. Traveling overseas with your dog or cat can vary from “bit more complicated” to “extremely complicated” depending on the country to which you are traveling. Over the last few years, most countries have imposed stricter entry requirements on pet travel, usually requiring a USDA Health Certificate and a current rabies vaccination as a minimum.  Many countries also now require microchip identification and some require blood testing for rabies antibodies or for the antibodies of other diseases.

For a list of pet travel requirements by country, go to the USDA website and select the first letter of the country you plan to visit.

If you plan travel with your pet, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can help you with the proper cat or dog travel exam and documents. Appointments for international travel must be scheduled between the hours of 9AM to 3PM Monday through Friday.

Pet Health Certificate and Travel Exam Services Include:

  • USDA-Accredited Veterinarians
  • Health Certificates/Travel Examinations and Documents (Domestic and International)
  • Microchip Implantation
  • Rabies Vaccination
  • Rabies Titer Testing